Friday 15 April 2011

Music Magazine Double-Page Article Audience Feedback


After finishing the contents page I presented it to the two volunteered target audience. I asked them four questions about the double page article, this was what they answered with.

What do you think of the colour scheme used?

Holly: I like the different shades of blue as it continues from both the front cover and the contents page. Also the way Blur talking is done in dark blue and Ruby Daze talking is done in light blue.

Emily: The blue goes really well with the large black and white photo. It makes both the photo and article stand out.

What do you think of the pictures used?

Holly: I like how the black and white photo is the main one and how it fills a full page. Also I do like how the other three pictures are all the same size and are sitting nicely next to each other.

Emily: The way the pictures have been positioned gives the magazine a professional look. The black and white image is my favorite as you don't normally see black and white images as the large, main photo.

What do you think of the layout?

Holly: The layout looks like it has been professionally done. The way the writing is in columns and is different colours when each person speaks is a excellent idea as it helps the reader understand what is going on.

Emily: I think the way the picture is on one side and the writing is on another gives it that professional look to how magazine articles should be. I like the way the three smaller pictures sit under the columns instead of over lapping them.

What was your first impression of the double page article?

Holly: My first impression was how professional I thought it looked. The colour scheme caught mu eye straight away. The blue stands out so much against the black and white photo.

Emily: My first impression of the article was I loved it how there was a lot of shades of blue and how the pictures go together so well.

I then asked the chosen target audience to give me two good points and two bad points about the magazine. Here's what they came up with.

Holly:
  • The blue colour scheme goes together really well with the black and white photo.
  • The fonts look like they have been thought of carefully as they don't clash.
  • There could have been more writing in the article.
  • The little pictures at the bottom of the page should have a description.
Emily:
  • The text is easy to read, therefore it's not difficult to follow.
  • The introduction paragraph isn't too big and is a nice way to start off an article.
  • The test is a tiny bit small therefore you have to squint a little to read it.
  • The large photo should have a description  next to it as it's the main photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment